We are looking for a Database Administrator to support our client based in Tallahassee, FL
US BASED CANDIDATES ONLY.
This is an on-site position. Candidates must be located in Tallahassee, FL.
Who we are
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in beautiful Miami, FL, TECKpert is a tech consulting and staff augmentation firm. At TECKpert, we offer a contingent workforce built for any size digital transformation project. Experts in design, development, IT, analytics and marketing, provide innovative digital solutions to achieve success in our new economy. Our leaders identify the technical talent best suited to bolster our client’s capabilities, across all industries, including, healthcare, government, finance, legal, real estate, and startups.
This opportunity is for a full-time, multi-month contract position with possible extensions with pay to commensurate with experience up to $58/hour or $120,000 per year. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance available after 30 days of hire.
Candidates are expected to work a minimum of two (2) full days per week in the office. The selected candidate is required to start their first day in the office. In the future, and at the client’s discretion, this option may return to full time, in office.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining databases used for development, test, production, data warehousing, and public access.
- Monitoring and reviewing the department’s database systems to ensure efficiency, integrity and security of operation and to eliminate problems related to hardware, software, and procedural error.
- Recording, tracking, and investigating problems reported by users and keeping management informed of potential trouble areas, taking corrective actions to resolve and mitigate issues.
- Monitoring database performance across the development, beta, and production services; acting to resolve issues that affect these services to ensure that the maximum possible uptime availability is achieved.
- Administration and maintenance of DB Systems and database related VM instances in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) tenancy.
- Identifying and meeting the needs of customers and provide excellent customer service
Compensation and Term
This opportunity is for a full-time, multi-month contract position with possible extensions with pay to commensurate with experience up to $60/hour or $124,800 per year. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance available after 30 days of hire.
Candidates are expected to work onsite at our client’s location.
Qualifications you need
A successful candidate possesses or provides the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing Oracle Enterprise version 19c database instances
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting Oracle database administration and connection problems
- 5+ years of experience monitoring Oracle performance metrics
- 3+ years of experience reviewing physical schema models
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle EM
- 3+ years of experience working with Red Hat Linux or Oracle Linux command line syntax and crontab files
- 1+ years of experience with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of computer programming and system design
- Knowledge of computer operations, systems and procedures
- Knowledge of Unix commands and concepts
- Knowledge of Oracle RDBMS administration tools and processes
- Knowledge of database structures and theories
- Knowledge of current database technologies
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques
- Ability to process information logically
- Ability to develop short-range and long-range database storage/growth estimations
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to assess future information needs so that the databases can evolve in an appropriate manner
- Ability to develop reports and cross references from the data dictionary
Working with us
Working with TECKpert means more options. As new opportunities arise, you tell us what you think is a good fit for you. What industries interest you most? Do you prefer an on-location, 9-5? Or would you want a flexible schedule and remote work? We proudly offer a wide variety of roles. Many of our TECKperts enjoy coworking and skills training coupled with the stability of full-time employment. We believe TECKpert gives today's digital professionals an agile path to start and advance their career. All of our opportunities require at least 20 hours per week and can be one to twelve months in length. Choose the opportunity that matches your interest and desired cadence.