We are looking for a Decision Support Specialist to support our client based in Tallahassee, FL
US BASED CANDIDATES ONLY.
This is an on-site position. Candidates must be located in Tallahassee, FL.
Who we are
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in beautiful Miami, FL, TECKpert is a tech consulting and staff augmentation firm. At TECKpert, we offer a contingent workforce built for any size digital transformation project. Experts in design, development, IT, analytics and marketing, provide innovative digital solutions to achieve success in our new economy. Our leaders identify the technical talent best suited to bolster our client’s capabilities, across all industries, including, healthcare, government, finance, legal, real estate, and startups.
TECKpert seeks to hire a Decision Support Specialist to support our client, a government agency based in Tallahassee, FL.
Required Tasks to be performed:
- Creates, reviews, and documents methodologies for GIS workflows to support spatial data
- analysis using Department and stakeholder spatial and tabular data
- Performs geospatial analysis to meet the needs of specific projects and to address specific
- Provide the geospatial information required to make effective business decisions; translates
- requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools
- Creates maps, map graphics, and various spatial data report presentations as needed
- Creates web content in ArcGIS Online in the form of Story Maps, Web Maps, and mobile GIS
- applications like Survey123 to support program needs.
- Provides geospatial technical support and training to program staff, as shared by the enterprise
- GIS team
- Work closely with customers, users, and team members to understand business requirements
- that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions
Compensation and Term
This opportunity is for a full-time, multi-month contract position with possible extensions with pay to commensurate with experience up to $53/hour or $110,240 per year. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance available after 30 days of hire.
Candidates are expected to work onsite at our client’s location.
Qualifications you need
A successful candidate possesses or provides the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and business resources and translate
- business needs into effective technical specifications
- Knowledge of geographic information systems and geospatial data formats and metadata
- Knowledge of ESRI GIS enterprise software and tools
- Knowledge of imagery providers, formats, sources, and analysis
- Ability to perform spatial analysis in ArcPRO. ArcGIS Online
- Ability to create interactive web maps and Apps in ArcGIS Online
- Ability to create presentation content in ArcGIS Online including Dashboards and Story Maps
- Ability to transform GPS and tabular data into ArcGIS Online published feature services
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write technical, business, and plain language documents and/or emails, with great
- attention to detail in all written communications.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader.
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) certification.
Working with us
Working with TECKpert means more options. As new opportunities arise, you tell us what you think is a good fit for you. What industries interest you most? Do you prefer an on-location, 9-5? Or would you want a flexible schedule and remote work? We proudly offer a wide variety of roles. Many of our TECKperts enjoy coworking and skills training coupled with the stability of full-time employment. We believe TECKpert gives today's digital professionals an agile path to start and advance their career. All of our opportunities require at least 20 hours per week and can be one to twelve months in length. Choose the opportunity that matches your interest and desired cadence.