We are looking for a Oracle PL SQL Developer to support our client based in Tallahassee, FL
US BASED CANDIDATES ONLY.
This is an on-site position. Candidates must be located in Tallahassee, FL.
Who we are
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in beautiful Miami, FL, TECKpert is a tech consulting and staff augmentation firm. At TECKpert, we offer a contingent workforce built for any size digital transformation project. Experts in design, development, IT, analytics and marketing, provide innovative digital solutions to achieve success in our new economy. Our leaders identify the technical talent best suited to bolster our client’s capabilities, across all industries, including, healthcare, government, finance, legal, real estate, and startups.
TECKpert seeks to hire a Oracle PL SQL Developer to support our client, a government agency based in Tallahassee, FL.
Required Tasks to be performed:
- Provide maintenance, enhancement and support for a variety of the agency’s business
- Assisting in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of program users.
- Writing, translating and coding software programs and applications per specifications.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Working with network administrators, systems analysts and software engineers to assist in
- resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Providing mentoring and guidance to junior programmers.
Compensation and Term
This opportunity is for a full-time, multi-month contract position with possible extensions with pay to commensurate with experience up to $48/hour or $$99,840 per year. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance available after 30 days of hire.
Candidates are expected to work onsite at our client’s location.
Qualifications you need
A successful candidate possesses or provides the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years’ experience with Oracle databases with the capability to write complex queries and
- develop complex PL/SQL database objects, including both DML and DDL.
- 5+ years’ experience developing Oracle Forms
- 3+ years’ experience with database and/or SQL performance tuning
- Experience developing application reporting, preferably with PHP and/or Classic ASP 3.0
- Experience using code repositories, preferably Git
- Experience using continuous integration tools, preferably Jenkins
- Knowledge of relational database designs
- Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM)
- Experience with database query tools (i.e., TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator)
- Knowledge of database security, including role-based security
- Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential
- problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, oral and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Oracle certification(s)
- Familiarity with Agile development, specifically Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Kanban.
- Experience in web development leveraging XML and CSS
- Experience with environmental regulatory business processes and practices
- Knowledge and understanding of DEP’s technical environment
Working with us
Working with TECKpert means more options. As new opportunities arise, you tell us what you think is a good fit for you. What industries interest you most? Do you prefer an on-location, 9-5? Or would you want a flexible schedule and remote work? We proudly offer a wide variety of roles. Many of our TECKperts enjoy coworking and skills training coupled with the stability of full-time employment. We believe TECKpert gives today's digital professionals an agile path to start and advance their career. All of our opportunities require at least 20 hours per week and can be one to twelve months in length. Choose the opportunity that matches your interest and desired cadence.