We are looking for an Applications Development Analyst to support our client based in Tallahassee, FL
US BASED CANDIDATES ONLY.
This is an on-site position. Candidates must be located in Tallahassee, FL.
Who we are
TECKpert is a 13-year-old tech consulting firm based in beautiful Miami, FL. At TECKpert, we offer a contingent workforce built for any size digital transformation project. Experts in design, development, IT, analytics and marketing, provide innovative digital solutions to achieve success in our new economy. Our leaders identify the technical talent best suited to bolster our client’s capabilities, across all industries, including, healthcare, government, finance, legal, real estate, and startups.
TECKpert seeks to hire an Applications Development Analyst to support our client, a government agency, on a six month contract with possible extensions
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform technology and architecture upgrades to ensure the stability of applications in the DEP portfolio.
- Learn new skills, technologies, and languages to support the DEP application
- Develop J2EE applications.
- Work closely with customers, users, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- Work as part of a project team directed by a project manager.
Compensation and Term
This opportunity is for a full-time, six month contract position with possible extensions starting at $50/hour. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance available after 30 days of hire.
Qualifications you need
A successful Applications Development Analyst possesses or provides the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Java Frameworks such as Spring, Struts 2/Tiles,
- Servlets/JSP, JPA 2.0/Hibernate
- 5+ years’ experience in XML, HTML and CSS
- 2+ years’ experience with Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience using continuous integration tools, preferably Jenkins
- Experience using Jenkins, Gitlab, Maven 3
- Knowledge of relational and object-oriented database designs
- Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies
- Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM)
- Knowledge of database security, including role-based security
- Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively, efficiently, and proactively solve problems and manage issues.
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems.
- Strong deadline and task management skills.
- Sound discretionary judgment skills.
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally
- Familiarity with Agile development, specifically Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Kanban.
- Experience in web development leveraging XML and CSS
- Experience developing web services, preferably RESTful web services
- Experience with responsive design frameworks, preferably Bootstrap
- Experience using Gitlab and Jenkins
- Experience with environmental regulatory business processes and practices
Working with us
Working with TECKpert means more options. As new opportunities arise, you tell us what you think is a good fit for you. What industries interest you mostundefined Do you prefer an on-location, 9-5undefined Or would you want a flexible schedule and remote workundefined We proudly offer a wide variety of roles. Many of our TECKperts enjoy coworking and skills training coupled with the stability of full-time employment. We believe TECKpert gives today's digital professionals an agile path to start and advance their career. All of our opportunities require at least 20 hours per week and can be one to twelve months in length. Choose the opportunity that matches your interest and desired cadence.
Please complete the form below to apply.