We are looking for an Applications Development Analyst, PHP to support our client based in Tallahassee, FL
Open to all U.S. Citizens.
This is a hybrid position. Candidates must be located in Tallahassee, FL.
Who we are
TECKpert is a 13-year-old tech consulting firm based in beautiful Miami, FL. At TECKpert, we offer a contingent workforce built for any size digital transformation project. Experts in design, development, IT, analytics and marketing, provide innovative digital solutions to achieve success in our new economy. Our leaders identify the technical talent best suited to bolster our client’s capabilities, across all industries, including, healthcare, government, finance, legal, real estate, and startups.
TECKpert seeks to hire a PHP Applications Developer, PHP to support our client, a government agency based in Tallahassee, FL.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Research existing Classic ASP application code to derive existing requirements and functionality
- Make recommendations towards code reuse and/or the development of new code
- Write, translate and code software programs and applications per specifications.
- Perform thorough regression testing on PHP applications, to ensure that the rewritten applications successfully capture the same business needs as the previous application
- Communicate and coordinate effectively, with the AMS team members, and program area customers, to ensure a quality product
- Provide maintenance, enhancement, and support for a variety of the agency’s business applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Work with network administrators, systems analysts and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior programmers.
Compensation and Term
This opportunity is for a full-time, multi-month contract position with possible extensions with pay to commensurate with experience up to $58/hour or $120,000 per year. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance available after 30 days of hire.
Candidates are expected to work onsite at our client’s location.
Qualifications you need
A successful candidate possesses or provides the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years’ experience with PHP application development, leveraging MVC frameworks (preferably CodeIgniter, which is AMS’s PHP framework standard)
- 3+ years’ experience with Oracle databases, possessing the capability to develop DML and DDL statements to produce very complex queries and PL/SQL database objects, including both DML and DDL
- 3+ years’ experience as a full-stack developer
- Experience with responsive design frameworks, preferably Bootstrap
- Experience using code repositories, preferably Git
- Experience using continuous integration tools, preferably Jenkins
- Knowledge of relational database designs
- Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies
- Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM)
- Experience with database query tools (i.e., TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator)
- Knowledge of database security, including role-based security
- Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, oral and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience developing Classic ASP applications and reports
- Oracle certification(s)
- Familiarity with Agile development, specifically Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Kanban.
- Experience with Virtualization, preferably Docker
- Experience implementing GIS (Geographic Information System) applications
- Experience developing web services, preferably RESTful web services
- Experience with environmental regulatory business processes and practices
- Knowledge and understanding of DEP’s technical environment
Working with us
Working with TECKpert means more options. As new opportunities arise, you tell us what you think is a good fit for you. What industries interest you mostundefined Do you prefer an on-location, 9-5undefined Or would you want a flexible schedule and remote workundefined We proudly offer a wide variety of roles. Many of our TECKperts enjoy coworking and skills training coupled with the stability of full-time employment. We believe TECKpert gives today's digital professionals an agile path to start and advance their career. All of our opportunities require at least 20 hours per week and can be one to twelve months in length. Choose the opportunity that matches your interest and desired cadence.