We are looking for a Project Manager to support our client based in Tallahassee, FL.
US BASED CANDIDATES ONLY.
The role is in office full-time. Offices are located in Tallahassee, FL. Candidate must be located in Tallahassee or be willing to relocate.
Who we are
TECKpert is a 13-year-old tech consulting firm based in beautiful Miami, FL. At TECKpert, we offer a contingent workforce built for any size digital transformation project. Experts in design, development, IT, analytics and marketing, provide innovative digital solutions to achieve success in our new economy. Our leaders identify the technical talent best suited to bolster our client’s capabilities, across all industries, including, healthcare, government, finance, legal, real estate, and startups.
TECKpert seeks to hire a Project Manager that can work independently, and as a part of a distributed team. A successful candidate must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques, and agile project management methods. In this role, the Project Manager will need strong business analysis skills.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and manage a formalized Integrated Project Delivery approach to the project.
- Be responsible for performing Risk and Complexity Assessments as per 60GG-1.004, F.A.C.
- Be responsible for directing and mentoring project team members.
- Participate in the analysis of the current system to gain an understanding of the inputs and outputs.
- Attend and participate in all related meetings and assuring meeting notes are produced and distributed, as necessary.
- Develop a Project Management Plan, including project objectives and success criteria, deliverables, role/responsibilities/contact information, communication protocols, document control methodology, cost management, schedule management and quality management plans.
- Develop and maintain the overall project milestone schedule, and review and verify the integration of the Design Team’s services & deliverables, Owner's responsibilities, permitting requirements, and anticipated construction schedules (including long-lead-time items).
- Develop and maintain a Project Risk Management Plan throughout the project life. The Consultant is responsible for directing and mentoring project team members.
- Follow Department IT processes and coordinate with other Department IT staff to ensure compliance with Department standards.
- Correspond (verbally and in writing) with project team and internal stakeholders regarding project activities, deliverables, and status.
- Ensure the proposed systems are fully compatible and integrated with current software programs, hardware and fully functional in relation to existing operating environments within the Department and to the greatest extent possible with the external users and business partners outside of the Department.
- Produce detailed accounting of hours worked by tasks.
Compensation and Term
This opportunity is for a full time contract position with compensation up to $55 per hour o $114,400 per year. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance available after 30 days of hire
Qualifications you need
You’ll need a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Communication or other related field and six years of professional experience in Information Systems, Business Administration, or Communications.
An ideal Project Manager will possess the following:
- Certified as Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 10 to 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience
- 3 years of leadership experience
- 5 years in managing projects
- Experience with IT systems and processes, methodologies and their direct implementation to projects.
- Experience with developing the supporting business case and various enterprise-wide high-level project plans.
- Experience with the integration of projects and project scope adjustments, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
- Experience with communicating with IT leadership, business leadership and IT Business Consultants to communicate program strategy, direction and changes.
- Experience with tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments to key stakeholder to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve project goals.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Ability to understand, translate, and document all business and user requirements.
- Goals-oriented proactive team player with the demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to garner support from a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills that can make independent decisions within area of responsibility and expertise.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Project, Word, Access and Excel.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile Development Methodologies.
- Experience with SharePoint
- Knowledge of Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Azure
- Experience with Team Foundation Server
- Experience with performing Build versus Buy evaluations
- Experience with performing Feasibility Studies
- Experience with performing As Is and To Be analysis
- Experience with developing the Statement of Work
Nice to have
- Experience as a Scrum master or agile project management is highly desirable
- Experience with public speaking, training, or communicating detailed information to large groups
- Experience working with SharePoint 365
- Scrum Master certification
Working with us
Working with TECKpert means more options. As new opportunities arise, you tell us what you think is a good fit for you. What industries interest you most? Do you prefer an on-location, 9-5? Or would you want a flexible schedule and remote work? We proudly offer a wide variety of roles. Many of our TECKperts enjoy coworking and skills training coupled with the stability of full-time employment. We believe TECKpert gives today's digital professionals an agile path to start and advance their career. All of our opportunities require at least 20 hours per week and can be one to twelve months in length. Choose the opportunity that matches your interest and desired cadence.