We are looking for an Product Software Developer to support our client based in Florida.
US BASED CANDIDATES ONLY.
This is a Remote position. Preference given to candidate residing in Florida.
Who we are
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in beautiful Miami, FL, TECKpert is a tech consulting and staff augmentation firm. At TECKpert, we offer a contingent workforce built for any size digital transformation project. Experts in design, development, IT, analytics and marketing, provide innovative digital solutions to achieve success in our new economy. Our leaders identify the technical talent best suited to bolster our client’s capabilities, across all industries, including, healthcare, government, finance, legal, real estate, and startups.
TECKpert seeks to hire an Product Software Developer to support our client, a government agency, on a six month contract with possible extensions.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced
- Develop, test, document, and implement high quality applications on time that perform according to specifications and requirements documents
- Analyze performance of programs and takes action to correct deficiencies
- Develop and adhere to development standards that allow for the maintainability of code in a manner that supports team development
- Participate in the modification of software applications or architecture to resolve issues and plan for future growth
- Participate in code reviews and meetings as necessary
- Provide a minimum of weekly status report updates for current projects
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others
Compensation and Term
This opportunity is for a full-time, six month contract position with possible extensions with pay to commensurate with experience up to $55/hour or $114,400per year. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance available after 30 days of hire.
Candidates are expected to work remote.
Qualifications you need
A successful Product Software Developer possesses or provides the following:
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Industry certifications in software, systems, network or project management disciplines, preferred
- o 3-5 years' developing in Node.js (TypeScript, Express & Angular)
- o 3-5 years' MySQL and/or other relational database experience
- o 3-5 years' MongoDB and/or other NoSQL database experience
- o 3-5 years' Unix experience, RedHat Linux (or derivatives), preferred
- o 3-5 years' developing enterprise-wide software solutions, preferred
- o 3-5 years' developing and delivering custom business computer applications, preferred
- o Experience in Perl, preferred
- o Experience with Apache, preferred
- o Experience in Business Intelligence, Big Data, or analytics, preferred
- o Experience in Education industry or with education data, preferred
- o Experience with git version control
- Knowledge, abilities and skills:
- o Knowledge of computer hardware and software
- o Thorough knowledge of technology solutions for the Internet, handheld devices, personal computers, and networks
- o Ability to apply best practices including change management, effective error handling and performance instrumentation
- o Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- o Strong verbal and written communication skills
- o Strong conceptual, analytical, and judgment abilities
- o Ability to work with/for multiple employees and meet deadlines
Working with us
Working with TECKpert means more options. As new opportunities arise, you tell us what you think is a good fit for you. What industries interest you most? Do you prefer an on-location, 9-5? Or would you want a flexible schedule and remote work? We proudly offer a wide variety of roles. Many of our TECKperts enjoy coworking and skills training coupled with the stability of full-time employment. We believe TECKpert gives today's digital professionals an agile path to start and advance their career. All of our opportunities require at least 20 hours per week and can be one to twelve months in length. Choose the opportunity that matches your interest and desired cadence.
Download our mobile app, sign up and complete your profile. Upload your resume and express interest for this opportunity by viewing the opportunity and giving the thumbs up. Note, you will also receive push notifications of additional opportunities as they become available. Go to our website and click on the link at the top for iOS or Android.