We are looking for a Project Manager to support our client based in Tallahassee, FL.
US BASED CANDIDATES ONLY.
The role is currently a hybrid position and may, at client’s discretion, return to in office full-time. Offices are located in Tallahassee, FL. Candidate must be located in Tallahassee or be willing to relocate
Who we are
TECKpert is a 12-year-old tech consulting firm based in beautiful Miami, FL. At TECKpert, we offer a contingent workforce built for any size digital transformation project. Experts in design, development, IT, analytics and marketing, provide innovative digital solutions to achieve success in our new economy. Our leaders identify the technical talent best suited to bolster our client’s capabilities, across all industries, including, healthcare, government, finance, legal, real estate, and startups.
TECKpert seeks to hire an Intermediate level Project Manager that can work independently, and as a part of a distributed team. A successful candidate must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques, and agile project management methods. In this role, the Project Manager will need strong business analysis skills.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Act as Scrum Master and Lead project manager.
- Lead daily standup meetings, release and sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews (product demos), sprint and release retrospectives.
- Provide metric-based reports to management.
- Actively work to remove team impediments.
- Work with Product Owners and stakeholders to groom product backlogs and requirements.
- Manage and proactively update project status tracking.
- Complete the necessary project status reporting
- Understand and comply with the reporting and documentation requirements
- Updates the schedule status as required, produce reports, track variances, identify pending milestones and scheduled tasks slippage.
- Analyze the schedule, including ensuring that schedule logic is consistent and maintained, analyzing what-if scenarios, and reviewing critical-path.
- Work with the Project Team and vendors to collect project status, schedule updates, identify and resolve conflicts.
- Analyze, prepare, validate, and maintain cost estimates, detailed baseline budgets and monthly cost variance reports.
- Update the project budget and project forecasts, perform cost variance analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Term
This opportunity is for a full time contract position starting at $33 per hour. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance available after 30 days of hire
Qualifications you need
You’ll need a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Communication or other related field and six years of professional experience in Information Systems, Business Administration, or Communications.
An ideal IT Project Manager possess the following:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, practices, tools and techniques outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) (current version).
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile project management methods and practices
- Knowledge of various types of contracts, and development techniques for procurement documents such as; Requests for Quotes (RFQ), Requests for Purchase (RFP), Invitation to Bid (ITB), Invitation to Negotiate (ITN), and Single Source.
- Skill in the use of the methods and tools used for risk assessment and mitigation of risks.
- Ability to coordinate and manage projects and resources from a high and discreet level, including cost, work, and Vendor performance.
- Ability to categorize work, set priorities, and determine short and/or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them.
- Ability to accurately estimate time requirements for assigned tasks for a project;
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and prioritize work assignments;
- Ability to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of the system development life cycle;
- Skill in working with Product Owners and stakeholders to develop user stories and groom product backlogs
- Ability to produce legible and complete functional documentation in a way that thoroughly captures all business requirements, processes and inputs/outputs of activities;
- Ability to analyze and accurately define processes and workflows to design efficient process solutions, including missing or duplicate functionality in existing processes;
- Ability to work effectively with individual staff and a work unit, to identify and document requirements for the maintenance, enhancement or development of computer application systems, including technical overviews and context diagrams;
- Ability to evaluate data outputs from computer application and identify system problems;
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information related to business processes, computer programming and data processing, both verbally and in writing;
- Must be able to perform QA reviews and provide valuable feedback in determining that standards are met and that documents are complete and comprehensive
Nice to have
- Experience as a Scrum master or agile project management is highly desirable
- Experience with public speaking, training, or communicating detailed information to large groups
- Experience working with SharePoint 365
- Scrum Master certification
Working with us
Working with TECKpert means more options. As new opportunities arise, you tell us what you think is a good fit for you. What industries interest you mostundefined Do you prefer an on-location, 9-5undefined Or would you want a flexible schedule and remote workundefined We proudly offer a wide variety of roles. Many of our TECKperts enjoy coworking and skills training coupled with the stability of full-time employment. We believe TECKpert gives today's digital professionals an agile path to start and advance their career. All of our opportunities require at least 20 hours per week and can be one to twelve months in length. Choose the opportunity that matches your interest and desired cadence.